These are some pictures from Dan's parents visit last weekend. Jack had such a great time with his grandparents! And, I am pretty sure that grandma and granddad enjoyed themselves as well. They spent a lot of time together, which gave mom and dad a chance to get some much needed sleep. Between Jack's booster shots last week and bunking in with us this weekend, he has gotten a little off on his sleep schedule. All in addition to him wanting to stay up and visit with the grandparents!
Dan and I also decided last night that it was time to go ahead and try to break Jack of his swaddle. Last night he cried for about half and hour and then was out. He woke up a couple of times during the night (and successfully convinced mom to let him eat both times), but went back to sleep without too much ado. We also turned off our monitor (although I admit I kept sneaking a listen).
We also decided to add just a smidgeon of rice cereal to his milk tonight to try and fill him up through the night. I am too easily convinced to come to his feeding rescue. Once a night I really don't mind - it is great bonding time, especially with me back at work. I think I would be OK with just an early morning feeding before I go to work though. It is weird to think that I have not slept through the night in more than 6 months! I don't know what I will do with an abundance of sleep. I may also just miss our 3 am feeding - but hopefully not that much...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment